It is home to several phenomenal restaurants with something delicious to offer, from local dishes to sweets to international cuisines, making it a haven for food enthusiasts.
If you are wondering where to eat while you are at the City of Trees, we have listed down the 10 best restaurants in Burlingame that you won’t want to miss out on!
An upscale and Michelin restaurant in the Bay Area that serves the best flavors from up and down India’s coast, from Kerala to Hyderabad and beyond, to create a dining destination that honors Indian cuisine and tradition.
The restaurant has an aesthetic vibe with a beautiful chandelier, creating light and airy space. They also offer extensive drink options, from wine to cocktails to other beverages.
- Mangalore Fried Chicken – Flavorful crispy chicken served with zesty lime-chili yogurt, crunchy chard, and a mix of red onions and fennel.
- Organic Chicken Biryani – A combination of aromatic masala blend and long-grain basmati rice, with the refreshing essence of mint and the richness of browned onions. Served alongside is raita and pickle.
“This is one of the very few high-end Indian restaurants that I absolutely adore! They have done a brilliant job in maintaining the authenticity of the traditional Indian flavors while incorporating fun fusional twists to their dishes!
My personal favorites were Amritsari Kulcha, Genovese Basil Dosa, and Mango Ginger-Jito.
Definitely call ahead to reserve a table if you’re going in a group setting and expect to be assisted to their outdoor dining setting if you are a group over 4 people.” – Aayushi Trivedi
One of the best restaurants in Burlingame, with menus that don’t disappoint is Limon Rotisserie! It is a family-owned Peruvian rotisserie that offers a modern take on Peruvian cuisine & Latin Asian influences.
It has indoor and outdoor seating, allowing diners to enjoy air-conditioned indoor sitting or the pleasant weather of Burlingame. The restaurant also goes above and beyond with touchless, digital menus available through a QR code.
- Ceviche Mixto – A delightful dish that combines citrusy flavor, tender calamari, succulent shrimp, and classic leche de tigre. It is served alongside choclo, cancha, and sweet potato, providing a fresh sensation in reasonable proportions.
- Lomo Saltado – A flavorful and beloved Peruvian classic that includes wok-stirred beef, onions, and tomatoes. It is infused with ginger soy sauce over french fries and Jasmine rice. You can add shrimp for an additional flavor at just $6.
- Whole Chicken – An open-flame rotisserie chicken marinated in Limon’s crafted blend of spices and aromatic herbs, creating rich flavor in every bite. It is served in 8 cut pieces and accompanied by two sides.
“Great food and good service. Would recommend making reservation if coming in on a weekend for they get pretty packed inside and outside. Great location on Burlingame ave and great atmosphere. Pictured: 1 braised short rib 2 lycheemelon cocktail 3 tres leches 4 pulpo (octopus) 5 arroz con mariscos. The pulpo was really great. One of my favorites for sure. Flavors were spot on and the salad on the side added good texture and flavor. The arroz con mariscos was great with added mixed seafood, similar to a paella. Those are two must orders. Overall great experience and would recommend.” – Tori Nguyen
“Your Passage to the Best Southeast Asian Food Culture.” Truth to its tagline, Minglaba Restaurant serves authentic Burmese and some Chinese cuisines in a calming and relaxing atmosphere.
The restaurant features Burmese arts and artifacts with soft local music that plays over the speakers while guests sit and enjoy their orders. They are available for dine-in seating, or you can take out and enjoy SEA delicacies at home.
- Paratha – A crispy Burmese pancake served hot with coconut curry dipping sauce.
- Vegetarian Samusa Soup – A rich flavored soup made with samusa, falafel, lentils, cabbage, green chilies, and onions.
- Mango Salad – Sweet and sour mango with cucumbers, onions, garlic chips, and cilantro topped with dried shrimp or vegetarian toppings with the chef’s special dressing.
“On our first visit to Mingalaba, we had a delightful experience. The service was excellent, with a friendly server who patiently explained each dish when we had questions. As an appetizer, we ordered the crab and cheese dumplings, and though there were only four pieces, they were bursting with delicious flavors.
The Mango Salad is a definite must-try. We were impressed with both the choice of ripe mango and the overall presentation of the salad. It was so good that we had to save some for the end to savor with the rest of our meal. Finally, we decided to try something new, and the Moo Hing Nga dish turned out to be the perfect choice for our taste buds. The soup and fish flavors were delightful. While we usually go for the samusa soup, this one was equally enjoyable. Overall, highly recommend visiting this restaurant, as our experience was truly enjoyable.” – Nikhil
Crepevine Restaurants is a family-owned restaurant serving sweet & savory crepes and classic American bites for over eighteen years. The establishment was built to be a gathering place for families, friends, professionals, and students, and indeed, has been one of the favorite destinations at Burlingame since then.
- Black Stone Benedicts – A savory dish that features grilled red onions, tomatoes, creamy avocado, and perfectly poached eggs on a toasted English muffin, generously drizzled with hollandaise sauce. It is served with homestyle potatoes, providing a satisfying meal.
- Tri-berry – Sweet Crepe with a delightful blend of strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries. It is generously smothered with Nutella and rich chocolate sauce for the perfect sweet treat, especially for kids.
- Tuscany – Crepe filled with tender chicken breast with mushrooms, juicy tomatoes, roasted almonds, provolone, and feta cheeses, complemented by flavorful pesto.
“I’ve always loved this place. Very good food for very reasonable prices. The staff are always friendly and helpful. Hard to beat in this day and age. Mostly recently I had the Bari pasta (Fettuccine with fresh salmon, spinach and parmesan cream sauce) and it was delicious! Very savory and hearty meal. Couldn’t finish it; all the portions are very generous for the price.” – Ian Sherwood
An energetic, farm-to-table restaurant that offers fresh, handmade, delicious food in a warm, casual atmosphere. The restaurant serves Neapolitan-inspired pizza complemented by a weekly-changing roster of seasonal antipasti, beer, wine, and more!
- Salsiccia Pie – A flavorful pie with housemade fennel sausage, tomatoes, sweet peppers, onions, and a generous gooey mozzarella.
- Neapolitan Meatballs In Sugo – A savory pork, beef, and veal seasoned meatballs. It is simmered in a rich tomato sauce and served with crispy crostini.
- Delfina’s Spaghetti Pomodoro – A classic spaghetti with vibrant flavors of plum tomatoes, garlic, and the finest extra virgin olive oil. A touch of pepperoncini adds just the right kick to elevate the flavor.
“Lovely place to eat outdoors, watch cute dogs pass by, and eat delicious gluten free pizzas. The lettuce gem salad was just okay, but the gluten free white mushroom pizza was delicious! The crust needed a little bit more flavor but still very good. Also, they are very safe and sanitize the tables a few times after guests leave. They also have a serving table next to your table to place items and when serving to keep a safe distance.” – Julie Taeko
This quaint and charming counter-serve shop has offered heartily and delicious sandwiches and burgers in the Bay Area for over a decade. You can watch a game and enjoy their selection of cold beer, wine, or champagne when dining.
- Garden Salad – A refreshing combination of grilled mushrooms, crisp cucumbers, juicy tomatoes, and sweet red peppers, all topped with a generous sprinkle of grated provolone.
- Vegetarian Sandwich – A fresh sandwich consisting of avocado, crisp cucumber, sweet red peppers, and savory cheese.
- Wrangler Burger – A hearty burger featuring a patty with cheddar cheese, crispy bacon, crunchy onion rings, and a smoky BBQ sauce that brings the perfect blend of savory and sweet to every bite.
“Very convenient location on Broadway in Burlingame. My spouse and I always split a Bacon Cheeseburger, it’s portions are big enough to fill us both up and it’s consistently the best burger in the area. Today we got their steak fries too and they were fresh to order. The staff are very friendly and outgoing. Vibes are your typical sports bar but a lot cleaner and friendlier. A must go if you’re in the area and want something tasty and quick.” – Christian R
One of the high-end and best restaurants in Burlingame that offers classic Mediterranean-influenced dishes with a personalized touch using the finest ingredients from local farms worldwide.
They also provide an extensive selection of beer, wine, and cocktails, perfect to partner with their delicious menus.
- Paella – Made with Carnaroli Rice cooked to perfection with calamari, scallops, prawns, clams, and mussels. The dish uses saffron and is further elevated with chicken pieces and green peas.
- 8 Oz. Wagyu Beef Burger – A mouthwatering burger featuring onion confit, creamy white cheddar cheese, and heirloom tomatoes on a Brioche Bun. It is served with golden, crispy Kennebec Fries.
- Profiteroles – A heavenly dessert with crispy pastry shells filled with mascarpone mousse, caramel sauce, and shaved white chocolate.
“Just off the hubbub of Burlingame Ave, this restaurant is a consistent win for brunch, lunch, or dinner! Innovative cocktails, delicious specials, and reliable, outstanding regular menu items. The atmosphere is elegant, and the service is friendly and attentive. Don’t miss this one!” – Jena M Gee
The Cakery has been a popular mainstay in Burlingame for over 25 years, offering a variety of cakes, pies, cookies, pastries, and other baked goodies. They also offer customized cakes to cater to different occasions and seasons.
- Swedish Princess Cake – A fluffy vanilla cake layered with sweet raspberry jam, creamy custard, brandy, and whipped cream. All of that goodness is wrapped up in almond marzipan.
- Custard Croissant – A flaky, buttery croissant stuffed with rich custard that’s crispy on the outside and topped with sweet streusel. It’s not too sweet, just the right amount to make it a pleasant and delicious pastry.
- Fresh Fruit Tart – A heavenly treat featuring a buttery tart shell filled with creamy custard and topped with sweet glazed fruits like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, and kiwi.
“We have used the cakery for our wedding as well as our sons’ birthdays and baptisms. We don’t live in the area but come up to the bay for a lot of our events and they have always managed to perfectly execute what we wanted with just phone calls and e-mails. The latest was a cake for our sons baptism and I am still getting messages from people commenting on how beautiful and delicious it was! From construction sites to elegance, they can do it all! Highly recommend the apricot preserve with apricot buttercream in a vanilla sponge and devils foodcake with rasberry truffle!” – Catherine Traverso
Blue Line Pizza is a restaurant sitting in the vibrant downtown of Burlingame. They offer award-winning dishes and thin crust pizzas, plus their menus provide dietary options, such as vegan, gluten-free, dairy-free, soy-fee, and nut-free.
While dining indoors, you can enjoy a large bar with televisions and a covered back patio with heaters for outdoor seating, making its location unique.
Of course, you can also bring your paw friend, as Blue Line Pizza is one of the pet-friendly restaurants in the area.
- Chicago Chop – A pizza with a seasoned blend of pepperoni, sausage, bacon, and salami, all chopped up and paired with fresh mozzarella, zesty marinara sauce, and crushed red pepper for extra kick.
- Spicy Chicken Wings – flavorful spicy chicken wings served with crunchy baby carrots and a creamy blue cheese dressing on the side.
- Blue Line Pizza – Delightful pizza loaded with spinach mixed with creamy ricotta and feta, mushrooms, onions, garlic, and mozzarella.
“Now this restaurant is listed as one of my favorite dining in town. The Chicago-style pizza, deep dish one was super delicious, and turned into a big fan of it. The staff here are all amazing, kind, and friendly. Even brought me plenty of water for my dog and a heater for the outside table. The patio which hides behind the restaurant was very cozy and good atmosphere, loved it. I’ll get back again to try another deep-dish pizza and extra crispy chicken wings.” – L
Craving for some International delicacies? Head on to Il Fornaio Burlingame, one of the go-to Burlingame CA restaurants for locals and visitors! It is one of the best Italian restaurants in Burlingame that serves authentic and award-winning Italian cuisine.
It is an ideal place for a date or simply looking for a casual fine dining experience. They provide an elegant private and semi-private dining space to enjoy their specialized menus and fantastic service.
- Linguine Mare Chiaro – A seafood pasta with clams, mussels, prawns, and scallops, all in a rich roasted cherry tomato sauce. Things spiced up with crushed red pepper, garlic, and Trebbiano wine.
- Tagliatelle Bolognese – A flat, egg pasta ribbons topped with a classic meat sauce and some yummy grana cheese.
- Tiramisu – A flavor-packed treviso-style tiramisu with ladyfingers soaked in rum and espresso, layered with creamy mascarpone. It is sprinkled with cocoa powder on top for that perfect finishing touch.
“We’ve been to the Il Fornaio chain in the past few years and have been generally impressed with the service and food, prior to this visit we have dined at the Santa Clara location.
On this visit at the Burlingame location we were, once again, very happy with the quality of the food and the service. I had a steak and my wife had fish both were cooked very well. Probably one of the better dishes I had in the last few years! We had a few cocktails which were excellent!
Parking in the area was a little hard but we ended up parking in the Caltrain parking lot opposite. It saves you trying to find parking in the smaller lots which seemed to be pretty full at 6pm on the Saturday we visited.” – Rupinder Matharu
Burlingame is a city that boasts an array of culinary diversity. From savory dishes to delectable desserts, each of these best restaurants in Burlingame has something unique to offer.
Restaurants in Burlingame truly offer flavorful menus and quality service, creating a wonderful dining experience, whether you are alone or with your friends, family, or workmates.
If you want to learn more about Burlingame, CA, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime If you need a seasoned realtor with extensive knowledge about Burlingame, I got you covered! You can give me a call at 650-218-3353 or send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I would also like to invite you to follow my social media channels if you want to get updated with the latest news and events at Burlingame, CA.
Frequently Asked Questions
Burlingame has a diverse food scene with various cuisines to suit different palates. From classic American and Italian to Asian fusion and farm-to-table options, you will find whatever you crave.
Burlingame restaurants accommodate vegetarians and vegans, so you will find many restaurants that offer menus or customizable options for those with diet requirements.
From vibrant salads to innovative plant-based dishes, you’ll find various choices catering to vegetarian and vegan preferences. Try to search for farm-to-table restaurants as they often serve menus ideal for vegetarians and vegans.
Yes. There are restaurants in Burlingame that offer patio or garden seating for dining.
Suppose you plan to dine in on popular or fine dining establishments in Burlingame. In that case, booking reservations to secure a table is advisable, particularly during peak hours or weekends.
Some restaurants can accommodate walk-ins, so try to check in advance or call the restaurant to inquire.